Enhancing underwater Domain Awareness (UDA) by the use of Artificial Intelligence/machine Learning or other Novel Techniques
- Comprehensive Underwater Demain Awareness (UDA) requires fusing data from disparate sources.
- Voluminous data that may be obtained from disparate sensors such as sonars and sonobuoys (at the theatre level) needs to be fused for sense-making.
- Presence of background noise and non -submarine Contact (which may also be biological in origin) can complicate the detection problem.
- Use of suitable trained AI/ML models that can help in detection of submarines would greatly aid in enhancing UDA.
- The solution need not be limited to AL/ML alone and could also target other aspects that enhance UDA such as better signal processing and decision support if they improve the existing capability even where AL/ML techniques are not used.